- Bring as many items as you can from upstairs to downstairs.
- Reserve the elevators for your moving day if necessary.
- If you live in a gated community, provide the necessary authorization to allow the moving truck through the gate.
- Inform the necessary contacts of your address change.
- Cancel home services such as the newspaper delivery.
- Contact utility companies and schedule to end service at your old home and begin service at your new home.
- Do a final walk through the old residence before leaving to make sure nothing was forgotten.
- Pack heavier items in small boxes, lighter items in larger boxes.
- Put the heaviest items at the bottom of the box.
- Try to keep boxes under 40lbs.
- Wrap breakable items in newsprint or bubble wrap before packing into boxes.
- When packing breakable items, fill the box ¾ full and use wadded up newsprint to fill the rest of the box.
- Wrap dishes individually and stand them on end in the box.
- Boxes should neither bulge nor cave in.
- Use at least 3 strips of tape to seal the bottoms of boxes. Tape the box top closed when finished packing.
- Label the contents and room for each box. Mark them on the side (not the top) so they are readable when stacked.
- You can use trash bags to pack pillows and linens.
- You can leave clothing inside of dresser drawers, just be sure to remove any breakable items.
- Pack personal items in a suitcase to keep with you.
- If you have a very large or heavy item such as a piano, safe, stone or marble please let us know when you schedule your move.
- Take everything off the top of furniture.
- You can leave all non-breakable items in the drawers of your furniture.
- If you disassemble and item, you can tape the screws to the bottom.
- Do not put tape on finished or painted wood.
- Disconnect all electronic devices.
- Pack devices into boxes if possible.
- If not packed into a box, you can secure the cord to the device with tape.
- Pack a fragile device into a box by itself with plenty of padding.
- Turn off water and gas on all appliances. Disconnect and drain all hoses.
- Unplug power cords and tape to the back of the appliance.
- Immobilize the washing machine tub by placing towels between the tub and the side wall.
- Empty out your refrigerator and freezer. Defrost and allow to dry.
- Linens can be stored in the dryer.
Lamps And Décor:
- Remove all bulbs and shades from lamps.
- Wrap the cord around the bottom of the lamp.
- Wrap each picture frame or painting separately.
- Use mirror packs and bubble wrap to protect large or expensive paintings and mirrors.
Request Your Moving Estimate Today.
Providing Professional Movers and Complete Packing Services in Las Vegas, NV and Coast to Coast.
Copyright © 2022 Warrens Moving, All rights reserved.